Covid-19 Information for Belize
At Paradise Connection Yacht Charters, our clients' best interests are always our top priority. An all-inclusive, crewed yacht charter is the ideal vacation for the "new world" of travel which we are all now facing.
The Belize International Airport (BZE) re-opened October 1, 2020 and international travelers can now visit Belize by staying in an approved Gold Standard hotel (or charter yacht) and provide proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test.
March 17, 2021 Update
(Click on the + sign next to FAQs Regarding Travelling To Belize to read details)
1. Who Can Visit Belize?
Any traveller is permitted to visit Belize at this time.
- For ease of processing, we encourage you to download and complete the Belize Health App within 72 hours of arrival.
- You are required to complete the Customs and Immigration Form that is provided to you on your flight to Belize.
- Bring along an Official Vaccine Card reflecting the receipt of the dual or single dose vaccine at least two weeks prior to arrival.
- Or, if you cannot provide proof of immunization bring along a negative Real-time Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR) Covid-19 test taken within 96 hours of travel, OR Rapid Antigen, Sofia, SD Biosensor, ABBOTT (Panbio) test taken no more than 48 hours prior to travel. If neither is presented, you can take a Covid-19 test upon arrival.
- Children under the age of 5 are not required to present a negative COVID test; Children 5 years and older must present a negative COVID test.
2. Where can I find the Belize Health App?
The Belize Health App is available for download via APK file for Android (version 1.09 or newer) and in the App Store. The App can also be downloaded via https://www.travelbelize.org/health-safety. The App can be downloaded at any time prior to your trip to Belize, but your information should be entered no more than 72 hours prior to your arrival in Belize.
Once complete, you’ll receive a unique travel ID and QR code; it is recommended that you take a screenshot of this to show the Health Officer upon arrival in Belize.
3. Do minors need to download and complete the Belize Health App?
No. Parents or guardians are required to include the number of minors (under 16 years) travelling with you and their names when you enter your information in the App. In the case of minors travelling with both parents/guardians, only one parent/guardian will need to complete this process.
4. I do not have a smartphone/not travelling with a phone – how will I be able to register for the Belize Health App?
If you don’t have a smart phone, the App can also be downloaded to a tablet.
5. Where can I find a list of all the countries approved for entry to Belize?
The Government of Belize (GOB) does not currently have any travel bans in place. We encourage you to visit www.travelbelize.org regularly for updates on Covid-19, as the situation remains fluid.
6. What specific measures are being taken in Belize to protect visitors from contracting the virus?
The country’s primary concern is to assure both travellers and residents that Belize’s tourism product is safer than ever before. A series of new enhanced health and safety protocols have been put in place to protect visitors, Belizeans, and our communities.
- Mandatory use of face masks in public spaces
- Enforcement of physical distancing measures in public spaces and capacity restrictions at restaurants (currently 50%), grocery stores, retail stores, etc.
- Introduction of the “Tourism Gold Standard Program” which seeks to enhance the tourism industry’s health and safety standards by adapting new behaviours and procedures to ensure both employees and travellers are confident in the cleanliness and safety of Belize’s tourism product. Some of these new measures include:
- Online check-in/out, contactless payment systems, and automated ordering/booking systems
- Hand sanitizing stations
- Enhanced cleaning and increased sanitization of public spaces and high touch surfaces
- Capacity restrictions for all tourism sites to ensure physical distancing can be maintained
- Smaller tour groups to provide a more intimate tour experience
Belize has also been recognized by the World Travel & Tourism Council (WTTC) and is now one of two hundred destinations using the Councils “Safe Travels Stamp” – the world’s first global safety and hygiene mark that indicates that a destination has adopted global standardized health and hygiene protocols.
7. If I am unable to take a COVID test prior to traveling to Belize, will I be required to test upon arrival? If so, what is the cost of the test?
Yes, we recommended that you bring along one of the accepted COVID tests (see #1 above) as this will provide for a ‘fast track’ arrival process. Depending on the results of your health screening, you may be randomly selected for secondary testing.
If you are unable bring along a COVID test, you will be required to test upon arrival; the cost is US$50.00. Only cash is accepted at this time; credit card machines and ATMs are not available in the Health Testing Unit.
8. If I test positive at the airport, will I be able to get a flight back out of Belize without having to be placed in quarantine?
No. All arriving passengers who test positive at the international airport will be placed in mandatory quarantine for a minimum of 14 days at the passengers’ expense. It is therefore recommended that you obtain travel insurance prior to your trip to Belize.
9. Will children (under 16 years old) be required to present a negative COVID test or be tested upon arrival as well?
Yes. Currently children aged 5 years and older are being tested in Belize. As the situation remains fluid, protocols are subject to change. Any passenger who tests positive upon arrival will be placed in mandatory quarantine for a minimum of 14 days at the travellers expense.
10. How do I get from the airport to my hotel; are there certified transportation providers?
Your hotel may offer airport pick-up services depending on their location. Only approved transportation providers are permitted and at this time include the two domestic airlines, car rentals and taxis. We recommend that you liaise with your hotel to learn more about how you will arrive at your hotel.
11. Upon arrival in Belize, what will the Immigration and Customs process entail?
Enhanced health and safety measures have been adapted to protect both officers and arriving passengers. Some of these measures include protective barriers to reduce contact between the officers and the passengers, kiosks for scanning of passports upon entry, luggage scanners in the Customs Hall, and safety barriers where inspection of luggage is required.
12. How long should I anticipate getting through arrivals?
Processing time varies depending on the result of your health screening and Covid-19 test results.
13. Can I stay at a non-Gold Standard accommodation?
At this time, all tourists must book their stay at a Gold Standard hotel. The list of Gold Standard hotels can be found at https://www.travelbelize.org/health-safety.
Can live aboard vessels host tourists?
Yes. Live aboard vessels can also apply for the Gold Standard Recognition Program.
14. Am I required to wear a mask?
Yes. By law, all citizens and visitors to Belize must wear a face mask when in public spaces.
15. What should I do if I start to exhibit symptoms during my vacation?
If you start to exhibit any Covid-like symptoms, immediately notify your hotel’s front desk, and they will implement their Covid Response Plan. Should you develop symptoms, and test positive for the virus while in country, you will be required to quarantine for a minimum of 14 days at your expense. It is highly recommended that you obtain travel insurance prior to coming to Belize in the event that you become sick while on vacation.
16. If someone at the resort where I’m staying tests positive for COVID, would everyone be quarantined for 14 days?
This is dependent on the Ministry of Health and Wellness’ contact tracing exercise. The hotel will utilize its communication plan to advise of any necessary steps to be taken.
17. Are there still restrictions on movement for tourists?
Tourists visiting Belize can move about freely, however it is recommended that they remain within the Tourism Safe Corridor. The Safe Corridor includes Gold Standard certified accommodations, tour operators, tourism transportation providers, restaurants, tourism sites and attractions, and gift shops. These Gold Standard and certified entities have all been trained and have implemented enhanced health and safety measures.
A curfew is currently in effect from 8:00 pm to 4:59 am daily. Persons are not permitted to be in any public space during this time, and risk a fine if found in contravention of the regulation.
18. If we are visiting Belize for an extended stay (12 months) will we still be required to download the Belize Health App?
Yes. All persons entering the country are required to download the Belize Health App despite the length of your intended stay.
19. Is a digital copy of my negative Covid test acceptable?
An official email or other correspondence from the facility where your COVID test was taken with your name clearly indicating your result will suffice as proof of your negative test.
We highly recommend that you take a screenshot of the test results to facilitate processing with Health Officials.
20. If several people on the same flight tests positive, what happens to the other passengers who were also on that flight?
Should several passengers test positive from the same flight, the Ministry of Health and Wellness will activate its contact tracing exercise. This is why downloading the Belize Health App is a mandatory entry requirement for the country.
21. Can I visit multiple Gold Standard Resorts during my visit to Belize?
Yes. You can spend time at several different Gold Standard resorts during your time in Belize. Transfers to each resort can be arranged by the property and carried out by a Gold Standard tour operator or certified provider.
22. Does Belize offer COVID testing for travellers when departing the country?
Yes, the Ministry of Health and Wellness is now offering COVID testing for passengers travelling to the US, Canada, and other destinations that require proof of a negative COVID test for entry. For information on testing sites and cost, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
23. I have received the COVID vaccine. Am I still required to provide proof of a negative COVID test?
If you can provide proof of COVID-19 immunization, you are no longer required to present a negative test result for entry. Belize will accept an official vaccine card reflecting the receipt of the dual or single dose vaccine at least two weeks prior to arrival. Children 5 years and older must present a negative test.
OUTBOUND COVID TESTING FAQs
24. Who is required to show proof of a negative COVID test prior to departure from Belize?
Travellers going to the following destinations are required to show proof of a negative COVID test prior to their departure:
- Effective January 7th, 2021 – Canada (5+ years and older)
- Effective January 26th, 2021 – United States of America (2+ years and older)
25. What type of test/proof is required for my return?
Depending on your final destination, the following will apply:
- Canada: Molecular Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) or Loop-mediated Isothermal Amplification (LAMP) test conducted within 72 hours of the scheduled departure to Canada with written documentation of the lab test result.
- USA: PCR or rapid Antigen test taken within 3 days (72 hours) of scheduled departure to the US with written documentation of the lab test result.
Documentation of the test result can be provided in paper or electronic format.
26. What types of tests does Belize offer?
Belize offers both PCR and Antigen tests via public and private health facilities. For a detailed listing of testing sites, visit: www.travelbelize.org/health-safety.
27. Does the hotel offer on-site testing?
Testing capabilities will vary by property. Contact us for more specific information.
28. How much does the test cost?
Cost of the test varies on the facility and type of test required. Antigen testing starts as low as US$75; we recommend that you contact the authorized facility directly to verify pricing. Other options to further expand and reduce cost of testing are ongoing and include testing onsite in the departure terminals of the international airport.
29. Can I be denied boarding if I don’t have proof of a negative COVID test?
Yes. Airlines are required to confirm proof of a negative test or documentation of recovery for all passengers prior to boarding for flights bound to the US and Canada. The airline must deny boarding to any passenger who is unable to show proof of a negative test or refuses to take a test.
30. What happens if I test positive?
A mandatory, minimum 14-day quarantine, is required for any traveller who tests positive. A negative test is required to be cleared for departure. Hotels and resorts will offer guests who must quarantine special rates to facilitate this process. Please contact us for specific rates and health and safety information in this regard.
31. Do I still need to take a test if I’ve had the COVID vaccine, or have documentation of recovery?
All outbound passengers, regardless of vaccination status, are required to provide either a negative COVID test or documentation of recovery.
Belize Travel Health App:
- Download at the Apple Store
- Download for Android — Notice to all Android Users: Please ensure that you have downloaded and installed the most current version of the Belize Travel Health App (Version 1.09 or newer), to avoid technical difficulties.
For more information: