Covid-19 Information for St Vincent and the Grenadines (SVG)
St Vincent and the Grenadines
Protocols have been revised on October 24, 2020.
The Government of Saint Vincent and the Grenadines has revised their PROTOCOL FOR THE ENTRY OF TRAVELLERS TO ST. VINCENT AND THE GRENADINES (13 October 2020)
The aim of this protocol is the safe entry of travellers to St. Vincent and the Grenadines in a manner that reduces the risk of the importation and subsequent transmission of COVID-19 in St. Vincent and the Grenadines.
The objectives are:
- To establish the risk of the arriving traveller introducing new COVID-19 to SVG;
- To minimize exposure of residents of SVG to new COVID-19;
- Early identification of potential exposure to new COVID-19, and
- Early containment of new COVID-19.
The following is an excerpt of pertinent points. You can read the complete document here: Protocol For The Entry Of Travellers to St. Vincent And The Grenadines.
Establish Risk Of Arriving Traveller
The arriving traveller will:
- Complete the Pre-Arrival Travel Form available at health.gov.vc
And the Port Health Officer will:
- Complete the Port Health form for each arriving passenger.
Phased Process Of Entry Of Travellers To St. Vincent And The Grenadines:
TESTING AND QUARANTINE
PHASE #4 - Commencing October 14, 2020:
Travellers to St. Vincent and the Grenadines MUST ARRIVE WITH a negative SARS-CoV-2 RT-PCR COVID-19 test result as per the following:
High Risk Countries:
- United States of America, including the United States Virgin Islands (USVI), China, Canada, Iceland, United Kingdom, Germany, British Virgin Islands, Guyana, Suriname, Belize, Jamaica, Trinidad and Tobago, Dominican Republic, Mexico, Brazil, India, Panama, Argentina, Peru, Haiti, Colombia, South Africa, Nigeria, Indonesia, Philippines, Italy, Bahamas, Turks and Caicos Islands, France (including overseas regions), Spain and Russia.
- Must arrive with a negative result of a COVID-19 (RT-PCR) test done no more than five (5) days before arrival.
- Will be retested for COVID-19 (RT-PCR) on arrival in SVG.
- MUST Mandatory five (5) day quarantine in a Tourism Authority/MOHWE approved Transition/Quarantine Hotel at their cost. Must arrive with proof of the fully paid reservation. See below, PROTOCOL FOR ENTERING BY AIR AND JOINING A YACHT
- MUST transfer to the Transition Hotel in an approved AIA taxi or approved vessel (plane or ferry) at their expense.
- Must be retested between day four (4) and day (5) of quarantine.
- Must continue nine (9) to sixteen (16) monitored days in an approved home/hotel/vessel at the discretion of the Port Health Officer.
Protocol For Entering By Air And Joining A Yacht (Sept 2020)
Persons requesting to join a yacht after flying into Saint Vincent and the Grenadines must follow the Protocols for the Entry of Travellers to Saint Vincent and the Grenadines above.
- High Risk:
- Persons must do mandatory five (5) days quarantine in a Tourism Authority/MOHWE approved Transition/Quarantine Hotel at their cost.
- To take passengers on board a vessel for monitored days, yachts must contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Providing persons follow the procedures in place for daily temperature checks, monitoring location and contact tracing, the yacht will be permitted to move around the islands and passengers cango ashore.
- Failing to comply could result in the passengers being moved to a quarantine hotel ashore.